Our youth program is led by a team of dedicated Centenary staff: Susan Britton focuses on Middle School, Cathy Mincks focuses on High School and Steve Daw supports the youth praise team ministry. These three work closely in all planning and implementation.
Five important faith practices are central to our youth fellowship ministry:
Small Group Fellowship
– Time to study the Bible and talk about how it applies to life with friends.
(Social events) – Adventurous and exciting events particularly designed to be invitational.
– Participating with the congregation each week to thank God for all He has done.
– Giving back to God by using our gifts and talents to love others.
Daily time with God.
Friends are always welcome
Please read our latest Youth Letter
with important information.
We'll meet reguarly on Sundays from 4:00-6:00 for fellowship (talking, laughing, games and snacks), music with the youth praise ministry, and Small Group Bible time. We will typically be together the first hour and break into MS and HS small groups during the second hour. Since small groups will meet every Sunday night, we will not meet on Sunday mornings. Sunday mornings will be reserved for worship which is the most central piece to being a member of our congregation. Join your family and friends during service!
Join us at the Youth Table
in Shepherd Hall between 9:20 and 11:00 services to share ideas about the service & how it applies to life (+ bigger doughnuts!).
Sunday, October 12 - Youth Fellowship
meets from 4:00-6:00 for fellowship, praise, and our small group study on Starting to Go.
Juniors & Seniors have the option to do Generation Change
. Bring a friend!
Upcoming WooHoo! Events
Friday, October 17 - High School Zipline Safari, 9:00-3:00
Contact Cathy Mincks for more information!
Sunday, October 19 - Youth Fellowship Harvest Party, 3:00-6:00 pm
at the Ruble’s
MS & HS youth are invited for fun, food and campfire! Bring a friend and a pumpkin to carve! Don't forget to bring an Emergency Medical Authorization
(click to download) unless you already have one registered at Centenary.
Sunday, November 30 - Window Painting Party
with Youth on 3rd floor!
Wednesday, December 31 - New Year's Eve Party
Monday, October 20 -
Golden Harvest Banquet
Sunday, October 24
- Kendal Service at 2:00pm
Friday, November 14
- Parents' Night Out
Friday & Saturday, November 21-22
- Good Works Mini Mission Trip (a "just Saturday" option is available)
Saturday, December 6
- Walking Tour Cookie Sale
Saturday, December 13
- Kendal Christmas Pageant
Youth Calendar Don't forget about Youth activities! Print out the calendar to put on your fridge!
What We Believe About Youth Ministry
from Susan Britton, Cathy Mincks and Steve Daw
May 26, 2014
- We believe parents have the most significant influence on the faith of their children. As a youth ministry team we want to be in partnership with you, helping your child grow in their relationship with Christ.
- We believe studying Scripture is exciting, relevant, and life-changing. We are planning mid-week studies for middle school and high school this summer and will regularly meet on Sunday evenings in the fall.
- We believe Christian fellowship is important and social events are a way to include friends that are not connected with a church. We are planning regular fellowship events beginning in July.
- We believe every Christian has unique spiritual gifts and innate abilities that God desires to use for His glory. We are planning regular service activities that will let our teens utilize their gifts.
- We believe it is important for youth to be active in worship as ushers, greeters, serving communion, reading scripture or liturgy and leading prayers. We will work to include youth regularly in these areas.
- We believe that music is a crucial part of youth fellowship and worship. Steve Daw will be mentoring the youth to form a vision for a praise ministry and help them identify leadership skills and musical gifts to implement that vision.
We are honored to share with you in the joy of knowing your teens and helping them grow in Christ. We are always willing to talk with you, share ideas, and include you in this ministry.
Check this site often for additional events and updates! Be sure to follow us on Facebook
to get the latest updates!