Our youth program is led by a team of dedicated Centenary staff: Susan Britton focuses on Middle School, Cathy Mincks focuses on High School and Steve Daw supports the youth praise team ministry. These three work closely in all planning and implementation.
Five important faith practices are central to our youth fellowship ministry:
Small Group Fellowship
– Time to study the Bible and talk about how it applies to life with friends.
(Social events) – Adventurous and exciting events particularly designed to be invitational.
– Participating with the congregation each week to thank God for all He has done.
– Giving back to God by using our gifts and talents to love others.
Daily time with God.
Friends are always welcome
Please read our latest Youth Letter
dated November 3, 2014, with important information.
We'll meet reguarly on Sundays 4:00-6:00 for fellowship (talking, laughing, games and snacks), music with the youth praise ministry, and Small Group Bible time. We will typically be together the first hour and break into MS and HS small groups during the second hour. Since small groups will meet every Sunday night, we will not meet on Sunday mornings. Sunday mornings will be reserved for worship which is the most central piece to being a member of our congregation. Join your family and friends during service!
Note: Big News - Change in Schedule!
Beginning December 7, the order of youth fellowship activities is being adjusted. We will begin with worship in the sanctuary, break out for small group and snack, and close the night with games and fellowship. Beginning in January, those interested in Praise Team will practice before youth fellowship from 3:30-4:00. We hope thie will help accommodate our variety of interests and time commitments.
3:30-4:00 Youth Praise Team practice (beginning in January)
4:15-5:15 Small Group Bible Study & Snack
5:15-6:00 Announcements, Games & Fellowship
Join us at the Youth Table
in Shepherd Hall between 9:20 and 11:00 services to share ideas about the service & how it applies to life (+ bigger doughnuts!).
November 16 - Youth Sunday
Jack Cunningham will be giving the sermon at all three services with youth leading the other parts of worship at 9:20 and 11:00. We will be selecting roles during the youth fellowship on November 2. (No regular youth fellowship.)
- Last day to RSVP for Good Works Mini-Mission Trip
November 23 - Ecumenical Thanksgiving Dinner (6:00) & Worship Service (7:00)
In place of youth fellowship, Granville Presbyterian has invited our youth to join their youth for a special "breakfast" dinner before the Thanksgiving servie at St. Luke's. We will all sit together. Pastor Steve is giving the message.
December 12 & 13 - Christmas Pageant
We will help the youngest members of our congregation act out the Christmas stroy for residents at Kendal. Practice December 12 at 6:00pm. Perform on December 13 at 10:00am.
Upcoming WooHoo! Events
November 30 - Window Painting Party!
(No regular youth fellowship.) Time TBA. During our annual Advent Adventure, we will decorate the 3rd floor, paint windows, and enjoy popcorn, candy canes and Christmas music.
December 21 - Christmas Party
- The last youth fellowship for 2014 will include a special Christmas lesson, followed by festive time with holiday games, Christmas caroling in the Village, cocoa and cookies!
Friday & Saturday, November 22
- Good Works Mini Mission Trip
(deadline to RSVP - November 16
This is our mid-year mini-mission trip, and there is no cost to participate! Click on flyer (above) for information. This is a great opportunity to make a difference in the lift of someone else while working with friends. Don't forget to bring your Emergency Medical Authorization
(unless already on file at Centenary) and Permission Slip
Saturday, December 6
- Hotdog & Cookie Sale for Walking Tour
This is our biggest fundraiser of the year to help offset youth mission trip costs. Bring homemade cookies, serve hotdogs, pour cocoa, wear a Santa hat, and pass along Christmas greetings!
Saturday, December 13
- Kendal Christmas Pageant
Youth Calendar Don't forget about Youth activities! Print out the calendar to put on your fridge!
What We Believe About Youth Ministry
from Susan Britton, Cathy Mincks and Steve Daw
May 26, 2014
- We believe parents have the most significant influence on the faith of their children. As a youth ministry team we want to be in partnership with you, helping your child grow in their relationship with Christ.
- We believe studying Scripture is exciting, relevant, and life-changing. We are planning mid-week studies for middle school and high school this summer and will regularly meet on Sunday evenings in the fall.
- We believe Christian fellowship is important and social events are a way to include friends that are not connected with a church. We are planning regular fellowship events beginning in July.
- We believe every Christian has unique spiritual gifts and innate abilities that God desires to use for His glory. We are planning regular service activities that will let our teens utilize their gifts.
- We believe it is important for youth to be active in worship as ushers, greeters, serving communion, reading scripture or liturgy and leading prayers. We will work to include youth regularly in these areas.
- We believe that music is a crucial part of youth fellowship and worship. Steve Daw will be mentoring the youth to form a vision for a praise ministry and help them identify leadership skills and musical gifts to implement that vision.
We are honored to share with you in the joy of knowing your teens and helping them grow in Christ. We are always willing to talk with you, share ideas, and include you in this ministry.
Check this site often for additional events and updates! Be sure to follow us on Facebook
to get the latest updates!