Our youth program is led by a team of dedicated Centenary staff: Susan Britton focuses on Middle School, Cathy Mincks focuses on High School and Steve Daw supports the youth praise team ministry. These three work closely in all planning and implementation.
Five important faith practices are central to our youth fellowship ministry:
Small Group Fellowship – Time to study the Bible and talk about how it applies to life with friends.
WooHoo! (Social events) – Adventurous and exciting events particularly designed to be invitational.
Worship – Participating with the congregation each week to thank God for all He has done.
Service – Giving back to God by using our gifts and talents to love others.
Daily time with God.
Friends are always welcome
Please read our latest Youth Letter
which has important information.
Sunday, August 24, 3-6pm - MS & HS Youth Fellowship Fall Kick-Off
Mark your calendars for this special start to the new school year as we capture our 7th graders and celebrate with a scavenger hunt, pizza, and more.
Sunday, September 7 - Our regular schedule for Youth Fellowship begins!
We'll meet reguarly on Sundays from 4:00-6:00 for fellowship (talking, laughing, games and snacks), music with the youth praise ministry, and Small Group Bible time. We will typically be together the first hour and break into MS and HS small groups during the second hour. Since small groups will meet every Sunday night, we will not meet on Sunday mornings. Sunday mornings will be reserved for worship which is the most central piece to being a member of our congregation. Join your family and friends during service!
Upcoming WooHoo! Events
Sunday, August 31 - MS & HS Camp Out at the Cramer’s School Shade Farm
We’ll leave for a camp out at School Shade Farm at 1:00, and enjoy games, home made ice-cream, a cook-out, Capture the Flag, and much more! We will return by noon Monday, September 1 (Labor Day - no school).
Don't forget....the deadline to RSVP
is Sunday, August 24! Chaperones are needed! Please submit the following:
Saturday, September 20 - MS & HS Kayak Trip at Mohican
We will meet at Centenary at 9:15 and return around 2:00. Don't forget...the deadline to RSVP
is 7:00pm, Sunday, September 14. Chaperones are needed! Please bring the following:
Saturday, October 4 - SonFest!
We will be going with the youth from the Presbyterian Church at 1:00 and return 10:00-ish. Mount Vernon Nazarene University is proud to bring you some of the best Christian music! Enjoy great music on two stages, festival food, inflatable games, the new jumbotron, giveaways and so much more in a great atmosphere. For more information, click here
. Please RSVP
, and don't forget the following:
Friday, October 17 -
HS Zipline Trip
Sunday, October 19 -
Church Picnic at the Rubles' (No Youth Fellowship)
Sunday, November 30 -
Window Painting Party with Youth on 3rd floor!
Wednesday, December 31 -
New Year's Eve Party
Sunday, October 24
- Kendal Service at 2:00
- Golden Harvest Banquet
Friday, November 14
- Parents' Night Out
Friday & Saturday, November 21-22
- Good Works Mini Mission Trip (a "just Saturday" option is available)
Saturday, December 6
- Walking Tour Cookie Sale
Saturday, December 13
- Kendal Christmas Pageant
Youth Calendar to print and put on your fridge!
What We Believe About Youth Ministry
from Susan Britton, Cathy Mincks and Steve Daw
May 26, 2014
- We believe parents have the most significant influence on the faith of their children. As a youth ministry team we want to be in partnership with you, helping your child grow in their relationship with Christ.
- We believe studying Scripture is exciting, relevant, and life-changing. We are planning mid-week studies for middle school and high school this summer and will regularly meet on Sunday evenings in the fall.
- We believe Christian fellowship is important and social events are a way to include friends that are not connected with a church. We are planning regular fellowship events beginning in July.
- We believe every Christian has unique spiritual gifts and innate abilities that God desires to use for His glory. We are planning regular service activities that will let our teens utilize their gifts.
- We believe it is important for youth to be active in worship as ushers, greeters, serving communion, reading scripture or liturgy and leading prayers. We will work to include youth regularly in these areas.
- We believe that music is a crucial part of youth fellowship and worship. Steve Daw will be mentoring the youth to form a vision for a praise ministry and help them identify leadership skills and musical gifts to implement that vision.
We are honored to share with you in the joy of knowing your teens and helping them grow in Christ. We are always willing to talk with you, share ideas, and include you in this ministry.
Check this site often for additional events and updates! Be sure to follow us on Facebook
to get the latest updates!